For those who want to know the latest list of the 50 richest people in Indonesia according to Forbes 2022, see the list below:
1. R. Budi Hartono and Michael Hartono: US$ 47.7 billion
2. Low Tuck Kwong: US$ 12.1 billion
3. The Widjaja Family: US$ 10.8 billion
4. Sri Prakash Lohia: US$ 7.7 billion
5. Anthoni Salim: US$ 7.5 billion
6. Chairul Tanjung: US$ 5.2 billion
7. Prajogo Pangestu: US$ 5.1 billion
8. Boenjamin Setiawan: US$ 4.8 billion
9. Tahir and family: US$ 4.2 billion
10. Djoko Susanto: US$ 4.1 billion
11. Bachtiar Karim and family: US$ 4 billion.
12. Jogi Hendra Atmadja and family: US$ 3.95 billion.
13. Wijono and Hermanto Tanoko and their families: US$ 3.65 billion.
14. Susilo Wonowidjojo and family: US$ 3.5 billion.
15. Garibaldi Thohir and family: US$ 3.45 billion.
16. Theodore Rachmat: US$ 3.3 billion.
17. Martua Sitorus: US$ 3.1 billion.
18. Sukanto Tanoto: US$ 2.9 billion.
19. Eddy Kusnadi Sariaatmadja and family: US$ 2.4 billion.
20. Ciliandra Fangiono: US$ 2.2 billion.
21. Dewi Kam: US$ 2 billion.
22. Peter Sondakh: US$ 1.9 billion.
23. Otto Toto Sugiri: US$ 1.88 billion.
24. Bambang Sutantio: US$ 1.85 billion.
25. Edwin Soeryadjaya and family: US$ 1.8 billion.
26. Putera Sampoerna and family: US$ 1.7 billion.
27. Hamami Family: US$ 1.6 billion.
28. Arini Subianto and family: US$ 1.5 billion.
29. Mochtar Riady and family: US$ 1.45 billion.
30. Irwan Hidayat and family: US$ 1.35 billion.
31. Kiki Barki: US$ 1.3 billion.
32. Eddy Sugianto: US$ 1.27 billion.
33. Ciputra Family: US$ 1.25 billion.
34. Soegiarto Adikoesoemo: US$ 1.22 billion.
35. Jerry Ng: US$ 1.2 billion.
36. Lim Hariyanto Wijaya Sarwono: US$ 1.12 billion.
37. Murdaya Poo: US$ 1.11 billion.
38. Husodo Angkosubroto and family: US$ 1.1 billion.
39. Hary Tanoesoedibjo: US$ 1.09 billion.
40. Husain Djojonegoro and family: US$ 1.08 billion.
41. Ghan Djoe Hiang: US$ 1.07 billion.
42. Winarko Sulistyo: US$ 1.06 billion.
43. Manoj Punjabi: US$1.05 billion.
44. Marina Budiman: US$ 1.04 billion.
45. Haryanto Tjiptodihardjo: US$ 1.02 billion.
46. Sudhamek Agoeng Waspodo Soenjoto and family: US$ 1 billion.
47. Alexander Tedja: US$ 955 million.
48. Sjamsul Nursalim: US$ 940 million.
49. Eddy Katuari and family: US$ 930 million.
50. Han Arming Hanafia: US$ 885 million.
From the list, it can be seen that Bachtiar Karim and his family have a wealth of around US$ 4 billion.
Also Read: Indonesian Government to Increase Supply of Cooking Oil to 450,000 Tonnes Per Month Until April 2023
How big is Musim Mas' business and since when was their business group founded?
Musim Mas was started by grandfathers Bachtiar Karim and Bachrum Karim since 1932 from Medan, North Sumatra.
Initially their family company produced soap under the factory name Nam Cheong. Until now, the Musim Mas group is known as one of the oldest soap manufacturers in Indonesia.
When his grandfather died, Anwar Karim, Bachtiar and Bachrum's father, could not continue his business because he was only 12 years old.
However, when he was 20 years old, he began to be entrusted with raising the soap factory and their family business actually developed more rapidly after Bachtiar directed the establishment of the refinery factory.
For those who want to know where the name Musim Mas came from, the story goes back to 1972, when Anwar Karim started using it.
Previously, he used the name PT Lambang Utama.
Musim Mas is a translation of Anwar's mother's name (in Chinese) which, when translated into Indonesian, becomes Spring Mas.