- Do not carelessly upload personal data on social media. Remember, we don't know who can retrieve our data on social media.
- Use strong passwords for each of our social media accounts.
- A good password consists of a variety of letters, numbers, and characters.
- Avoid passwords that are easy to guess, such as date of birth, spouse's name, school name, and so on.
- Also, change the password regularly (eg once every two months).
- Always protect the privacy of others. Don't give out people's phone numbers, home addresses, or personal data without their permission.
- Make privacy settings on each of our social media accounts
Also Read: Man from Madiun Arrested for Spreading Personal Data Hack by Bjorka in Telegram Group
Use. Decide who can see our profile and upload
- Pay attention to all access requested by the application that we install on our cell phones. Do not let the application can access our data which are not required for the use of the application.
- Enable only the access required for the application to function
This article is part of a series on cybersecurity literacy for internet users in Indonesia.
Get news on Indonesia today from JakartaDaily.id on Google News
BSSN Campaigns for Cyber Security Cultural Literacy Among Highschool Students with #JagaRuangSiber Program
BSSN Collaborates with BRIN on Cyber Security, Establishes a Computer Security Incident Response Team
BSSN Introduces Local Cyber Security Service Products at the Indo Defense 2022 Expo and Forum
BSSN and the Ministry of Transportation Launch IAS-CSIRT to Strengthen Cybersecurity in Indonesian Aviation