The following examples may provide an overview of various cases of privacy violations on the internet:
Also Read: Indonesian Police Confirms 26 Million Personal Data Allegedly Leaked in Brached Forum are Hoax
1. On Facebook, marking friends in an upload, either in writing,
website links, photos, or videos may result in the posting
appeared on our friends' timelines.
2. If this is done without permission, it can be said to violate the privacy of our friend.
3. We often find that in a WhatsApp group someone has added another person to the group without asking permission previously.
4. This causes the person's telephone number to be circulated without his permission, and that means violating his privacy.
5. Giving a friend's phone number to someone else who asked for it, without first confirming it to the owner of the phone.
6. The distribution of personal or family photos on social media without the permission of the owner can also be categorized as a violation of privacy.
Also Read: The Importance of Securing Your Banking Data as Cyber Crime Increases in Indonesia
7. Hacking social media accounts is also common, which is usually followed by data theft and fraud.
8. social media users are sometimes careless by allowing third-party applications to retrieve data when users use these applications. These third parties can then take advantage of the access they get to obtain the user's profile information and even the profiles of their friends.
Maintain privacy on the internet
There are many simple things that we need to pay attention to in order to protect our privacy and that of others on the internet, including:
BSSN Campaigns for Cyber Security Cultural Literacy Among Highschool Students with #JagaRuangSiber Program
BSSN Collaborates with BRIN on Cyber Security, Establishes a Computer Security Incident Response Team
BSSN Introduces Local Cyber Security Service Products at the Indo Defense 2022 Expo and Forum
BSSN and the Ministry of Transportation Launch IAS-CSIRT to Strengthen Cybersecurity in Indonesian Aviation