JAKARTADAILY.ID – Minister of Social Affairs Tri Rismaharini said the distribution of funds collected by the Aksi Cepat Tanggap (ACT) Foundation has been temporarily suspended.
The suspension of ACT funds will continue until investigations are concluded by the National Police. Tri Rismaharini explained that his party is also ready to discuss the matter with his staff.
"Stop it first, then there will be a police decision like what, okay, the investigation is complete. We will discuss what kind of fund this will be," said the Minister of Social Affairs to reporters quoted by pmjnews, Friday, July 29, 2022.
Also Read: Indonesian National Police Alleges the ACT Foundation Misused Rp 34 Billion from Boeing
Risma again said that the frozen funds of the ACT Foundation could be used by the police as evidence in conducting investigations.
Even so, Risma is still reluctant to act further before the results of the examinations are out.
"During the examination process, there must be evidence. Later if we distribute it, we are afraid that the evidence will be lost. So we will stop until the examination, say the police say the evidence is sufficient," he said.
Also Read: Indonesian National Police Names 4 Suspects in the ACT Foundation Embezzlement Case
"I am waiting for the inspection to be completed. When it is finished, we will ask how the funds are," he concluded.
The Ministry of Social Affairs has officially revoked the permit for the Implementation of the Collection of Money and Goods (PUB) which had been given to the Aksi Cepat Tanggap Foundation on Tuesday, July 5, 2022.
Find the latest news on Indonesia in English on JakartaDaily.id, available on Google News
Indonesian National Police to Hold Preliminary Hearing for the ACT Foundation Case This Week