JAKARTADAILY.ID – The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia officially announced the implementation of the 1443 H Hajj with a total congregation of 1 million people. The announcement was published in a letter from the Minister of Hajj and Umrah of Saudi Arabia on Saturday, April 9, 2022.
The Indonesian government welcomes this latest announcement from the Saudi authorities. Minister of Religion Yaqut Cholil Qoumas expressed his gratitude for the certainty of the departure of Indonesian pilgrims this year.
"Thank God, the Indonesian Hajj pilgrims can leave this year. This is the news that has been eagerly awaited by the pilgrims in the country," said the Minister di Jakarta, Saturday 9,2022.
Yaqut said that the cancellation of the departure of Indonesian Hajj pilgrims in the last two years had caused their deep longing to go to the Holy Land.
"I would like to thank the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for giving this year the opportunity for Indonesian pilgrims to fulfill their call for Hajj," he said.
The Minister of Religion emphasized that regardless of the quota given, Indonesia was ready to organize the hajj. This is because preparations for various departure scenarios have been carried out so far.
"We will optimize whatever quota will be given to Indonesia later. In fact, if possible we will try so that Indonesia can get additional, for example from other countries' quotas that are not absorbed," he said.
"We are ready and will make the best possible preparations to ensure the congregation is well served," he continued.