JAKARTADAILY.ID - The government has imposed a new rule regarding the capacity of places of worship in districts/cities via the Ministry of Religion.
Regions already at Level 1 of PPKM or Enforcement of Restrictions on Community Activities are allowed to have their places of worship at 100 percent capacity.
"For places of worship in districts/cities with level 1 PPKM, may hold collective religion practices with a number of worshippers of 100 percent capacity with health protocols applied," said Minister of Religion Yaqut Cholil Qoumas, as quoted by Pikiran-Rakyat.com from the Ministry of Religion official website, Wednesday, March 30, 2022.
Yaqut said the 100 percent occupancy in places of worship must be balanced with practicing strict health protocol.
For regions still at Level 2 of PPKM, their congregational worship activities are still limited to 75 percent of total capacity. And for regions at PPKM Level 3, activities are limited to 50 percent of capacity.
"The circular is published to provide safety, comfort, and serenity for the people to practice their religion while still applying health protocol at places of worship during the PPKM," Yaqut said.
The policy was described in Circular Letter No. 06 of 2022 Regarding the Implementation of Worship/religious Activities in Places of Worship During PPKM Level 3, Level 2, and Level 1. The following are the details of the rules stated in the letter.
Places of worship in district/city with the criteria of:
1. Level 3, can hold congregational/collective worship/religious activities during PPKM with a maximum of 50 percent of total capacity while still implementing health protocols.
2. Level 2, can hold congregational/collective worship/religious activities during PPKM with a maximum number of 75 percent of total capacity while still implementing health protocols.
3. Level 1: Level 1, can hold congregational/collective worship/religious activities during PPKM with 100 percent of capacity while still implementing health protocols.
Caretakers and management of places of worship must follow these rules:
1. Providing staff to inform and supervise the implementation of health protocol
2. Conduct body temperature checks for each person using a body temperature measuring device
3. Providing hand sanitizer and handwashing facility with soap and water
4. Providing spare masks
5. Warning people in an unhealthy condition, aged sixty plus, co-morbid, and pregnant or nursing women to pray at home
6. Prevent crowds before and after the worship/religious activities by regulating people's access to entering or exiting
7. Disinfect the room for praying or religious activities on a regular basis
8. Ensure that the places of worship have good air ventilation with sunlight able to shine through, and if it uses air conditioners, they must be cleaned regularly
9. Ensuring the sermons or lectures meet the following conditions: