JAKARTADAILY.ID - Chairman of the OJK's Investment Task Force (SWI) Tongam Lumban Tobing said his team has banned seven business activities without permits, duplicating parties, or those operating on behalf of licensed entities.
However, the chairman reminded the public to remain vigilant against fraudulent investment offers online.
"The public is also advised to be careful of investment offers through Telegram," Tongam said in his official statement a few days ago.
The six out of seven entities suspected of carrying out permitless business activities were forex, crypto, and trading robots-related business. The other one is permitless investment management.
SWI let go of one business, namely Luminesia.com because it has proven that its businesses are not illegal investment activities.
Furthermore, SWI urges the public to understand the following bits of advice before making an investment:
1. Ensure that the party offering the investment has a permit from the competent authority in accordance with the business activities being carried out.
2. Ensure that the party offering investment products has a license to provide investment products or is registered as a marketing partner.
3. Ensure that the company includes the logo of a government agency or institution on its website or social media.
The following list is a complete list of the illegal investing companies banned by SWI:
1. PT Saratoga Investama Reksadana (duplicating Investama Sedaya's name) --> Fraudulent investment offers on behalf of PT Saratoga Investama Sedaya without a permit.
2. Robot Trading DNA Pro --> Illegal direct selling activities.
3. Robot Trading Pansaka (Auto Trade Gold) --> Illegal direct selling activities.
Read More: Asetku Secures P2P Lending Platform License from OJK, President Director: 'This Validates Our Accountability'
Physical Trading of Digital Gold Approved by Bappebti